Special Tool Holders
When a complex part or fixture interference is making machining with a standard tool holder impossible, TM Smith Tool will design a custom solution for you.
Quick Change Tooling Tap Holders
TM Smith Tool offers the largest selection of in-stock quick-change tap holders available on the market. Our Rigid, Radial Floating, and Tension/Compression tap holders are available in Steep Taper, HSK, Straight, Automotive (ACME), Jacobs, and Morse Taper shanks.
Quick Change Tooling Tap Adapters
- Standard ball drive or tang drive adapters
- Adjustable length adapters with tension and/or compression
- Adapters range from #6 to 2″
- Available for ANSI, DIN, ISO and JIS standards
- Extensions available for fixture or part clearance
- Through coolant design
- ER collet style adapters for tapping and reaming
- Interchangeable with most Bilz style holders
- Specials available for non standard shank & square combinations
Radial Floating Collet Chucks
TM Smith Tool’s radial floating collet chucks are a preferred choice for reaming and tapping applications. The free-floating design allows the reamer or tap to easily find an existing hole on a workpiece. The design of the holder allows the operator to adjust the centering pressure for their specific application.
- 360-degree radial float
- Available in HSK. Steep Taper, Straight, Automotive (ACME), Jacobs and Morse Taper shanks
- Through coolant design
- Accepts standard ER collets (ER11 to ER40)
- Adjustable Centering Pressure
Quick Change Drilling Systems
TM Smith Tool offers two proven quick change drilling systems. The BALL-LOCK™ and SMITH-LOCK® can be used on CNC lathes, screw machines, Automotive (straight bore) and Tru-Taper® Spindles .
- Cutting tools can be changed in 5 seconds
- Convert any ACME shank tool holder to a quick change holder with a TM Smith Tool conversion nut
- Collet Chucks accept standard ER or Double Angle collets
View Lathe Quick Change Sleeve Adapters
View SMITH-LOCK® Collet Chuck
View SMITH-LOCK® Over Spindle Adapters (OSA)
View BALL-LOCK™ Collet Chuck
View BALL-LOCK™ Over Spindle Adapters (OSA)
View Quick Change Conversion Nuts
Watch Video: BALL-LOCK Quick Change Drilling System
Watch Video: SMITH-LOCK ® Quick Change Drilling System
Jacobs Taper Tooling
Jacobs taper tool holders are available with an internal Jacobs #1, #2, #33, #3, and #4 (Jiffy).
Automotive (ACME) Shank Tooling
TM Smith Tool offers a full line of Automotive (ACME) shank tool holders.
- ACME shanks range from 1/2″ to 1-7/8″ and TR16 to TR36
- Holders can be converted to quick change with a BALL-LOCK® or SMITH-LOCK® conversion nut
- DA300 and DA100 collet chucks now available
View Rigid ER & Double Angle Collet Chucks
View Rigid Quick Change Tap Holders
View Radial Floating Quick Change Tap Holders
View Radial Floating ER Collet Chucks
View Tension & Compression Tap Holders
View Radial Float with Tension & Compression QC Tap Holders
View Close Center Tap Holders
Morse Taper Tooling
Morse Taper quick change tap holders are available in #1, #2, #3 and #4.
Single Angle(ER) & Double Angle(DA) Straight Shank Collet Extensions
Straight shank collet extensions are available in ER and Double Angle collet options.
- Available in ER 8 to ER 40 and DA 300 to DA 180
- Custom lengths available upon request
Collets, Collet Nuts & Accessories
TM Smith Tool offers a complete line of ER, Double Angle and TG collets along with collet nuts, coolant disks and wrenches.